5 Benefits of a Ductless Air Conditioner System
A ductless air conditioner is part of an air conditioning system that circulates cool air without ductwork. These systems are an affordable alternative to central heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC ) systems, which need a network of ducts to move air. Ductless air conditioners are generally considered to be more efficient and easier to maintain than window air conditioners.
If you live in an old house that has no ducts, or a newer house that does not use forced air heat (and does not need ducts), it can be a big expense to install a central air conditioning system. In this case ductless air conditioners would be the best solution.
Here are five benefits of ductless air conditioners
- They’re easy to install. These cooling systems can be installed in much less time than it takes to put in central air conditioning. A two-person crew would need at least a week to install the ductwork and other components of a central air conditioning system. A ductless minisplit system could be installed from start to finish in a day.
- They don’t take up much space. Compact size makes ductless AC units perfect for cooling small living spaces, such as apartments and dorm rooms. They’re also great for cooling individual rooms in larger homes, particularly basements and attics, which are usually not ventilated well. Also, ductless air conditioners are easy to store because of their small size.
- They’re easy to operate. Most ductless air conditioners have a remote control that enables you to easily increase or lower the temperature of the air coming from your unit. Feeling too cold in bed? You can adjust the room temperature with your remote control, without getting out of the covers. Try doing that with a central air conditioning system.
- They’re cost-effective. Ductless air conditioners use considerably less power than traditional air conditioners, which saves on your energy bill. In addition, if you use multiple units, you can control the individual room temperatures in your house, which is more energy efficient than using a central air conditioning system to cool the whole house.
- They’re quiet. Traditional air conditioners can make a lot of noise, but ductless ones are quiet. The noise they make is usually no more than a quiet hum. It amounts to background noise that is easily drowned out by conversation, music and television.
A ductless air conditioner system is worth thinking about for the advantages mentioned above. Consult with a HVAC professional to find out if ductless air conditioning is right for your property.